Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF), the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for the personal computer and the Internet, announced today the availability of its new Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh sound card. The new sound card allows Macintosh users to connect to four-channel speaker systems, plug in MIDI, digital or analog devices. With the advanced effects of EAX, Macintosh users can experience rich, crystal-clear digital surround sound and customizable audio effects that will transform the Macintosh into a high-end audio entertainment system. An incredibly diverse software bundle completes the package and allows users to enjoy enhanced gaming, music and MP3 audio applications.
- New EAX Technology-Enabled Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh Delivers the Quality of Digital Surround Sound to Users
Honored by the editors of Macworld Magazine as one of the 'Best of Show' products at Macworld Expo in San Francisco, CA, the Sound Blaster Live! incorporates the revolutionary EMU10K1 digital signal processor (DSP) to provide the power needed to generate crystal-clear audio files. Because processing and playback remain entirely digital, audio files maintain the highest level of audio quality with settings optimized for headphones, two-channel or four-channel speaker systems. Taking full advantage of the digital output connector on the Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh, users can experience precise clarity when connected to speaker systems such as the highly-acclaimed Cambridge SoundWorks FourPointSurround FPS2000 Digital speakers to experience digital-audio nirvana.
Software Bundle Included in the Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh
- Mixman Studio Mac-Create professional quality music in minutes. With automatic beat matching and sound element combination, Mixman Studio makes audio experimentation fast and fun. Export remixed songs to CD or put them on the web.
- Cubasis AV Mac-Record both MIDI and digital audio effortlessly. Easy-to-use tools allow users to arrange and edit recordings down to the smallest detail. Cubasis AV provides a perfect introduction into a digital recording studio.
- SoundJam MP-Encode entire music collections into high-quality MP3 files with this easy-to-use, all-in-one MP3 player and encoder.
- sonicWORX Essential-Enhance and tweak audio files with this complete sound design and effects processing software for the Macintosh. Packed with over 60 effects such as preview from disc, sound file-format conversion with dithering, noise shaping and multi-stage undo.
- Deus Ex-The year is 2052 and the world's economies are close to collapse as conspiracy rages on. In this first person shooter, gamers employ stealth, strategy and an arsenal of weapons to decide the fate of the world. Trust no one, question everything, and emerge from the shadows to take control.
- Creative Mixer-Integrate audio inputs and create the perfect audio environment with the flexible Surround Mixer. Users can manipulate sound settings, add environment presets, and position audio sources for a personalized music experience.
- SoundFont Bank Manager-A professional digital sampler that supports SoundFont technology for MIDI-sequencing. An essential tool for music creation, it lets the user load and audition SoundFont banks, as well as configure the MIDI-related aspects of the audio card.
Pricing and Availability # # #
The Sound Blaster Live! for Macintosh is now available through Creative's network of distributors and resellers at a suggested retail price of US$149.99. Visit https://www.soundblaster.com/products/macintosh/ for more information.
This announcement relates to products launched in the United States of America. The product names, contents, prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements.
Sound Blaster, the Creative logo and Blaster are registered trademarks and EAX, Live!Ware, Live!, FourPointSurround and EMU10K1 are trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. Cambridge SoundWorks is a registered trademark of Cambridge SoundWorks, Inc. SoundFont is a registered trademark of E-Mu Systems, Inc. Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. Nomad is a registered trademark of Aonix and is used by Creative Technology Ltd. and/or its affiliates under license. All other brand names and products mentioned herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby recognized as such.