SINGAPORE – 3 March 2014 – The reception of the recently launched Creative Sound Blaster Roar at the IT Show 2014 in Singapore was nothing short of phenomenal. The Sound Blaster® Roar, a new concept, 5-driver high performance portable wireless speaker blew away the huge audience that throng the recently-concluded IT Show 2014 with its amazingly powerful, precision-tuned, high fidelity sound from a compact and portable booklet size, and scored a very impressive average sale of more than one unit sold per minute during the show, literally flying off the shelves within the show’s opening hour each day, making it one of the hottest selling products at the show. The IT Show is one of the largest annual consumer electronics shows in Singapore.
The Sound Blaster Roar was made available for sale for the first time after it sneak previewed at CES 2014 in Las Vegas in January 2014. The sneak preview at CES generated similar overwhelming response from tech reviewers and general visitors alike. Almost every one who saw the product demonstration at the Creative booth wanted one immediately.
“Most of the Bluetooth speakers of this size that I’ve heard really can’t hold a candle to it,”
- Influential Tech Editor focusing on premium audiophile products
“First and foremost, audio performance is exemplary of a speaker of its class and size, and easily rivals and even outclasses lesser 2.1 speaker systems…… the Sound Blaster Roar offered very good clarity, smooth mids and deep, well-controlled bass. It also exhibited very good speed and dexterity…. it represents tremendous value for money and it is a no-brainer for us to recommend to anyone who is looking for a powerful portable wireless speaker.” Source: HardwareZone.com, SPH Magazines, 2 March 2014
Designed to rival existing home stereo systems in sound quality yet light enough to be portable, the sleek metallic Sound Blaster Roar measures only 57 x 202 x 115 mm and weighs 1.1 kg. Dubbed the ‘Audiophile Sound Booklet’ by audio aficionados, it is engineered from the ground up with Creative’s heritage in audio technology and years of research and expertise in speaker design, and represents the pinnacle of portable wireless audio. Its superb audio performance is set to redefine the home stereo and wireless speaker market – by combining wireless connectivity, portability, high fidelity and audio power all into one compact unit that can rest on the palm, and be brought along on-the-go for a truly mobile digital lifestyle.
“First of all, I would like to say a big heartfelt thank you to all the visitors and well-wishers to our booth for their overwhelming support of the Sound Blaster Roar, especially to those who bought the product. With limited publicity, the reception of such a new product has rarely been so astounding. When the legendary Sound Blaster card was launched at Comdex in Las Vegas in Fall 1989, also with little publicity, one unit was sold every 4 minutes, and everyone was already completely blown-away. In subsequent years, this spiraled to hundreds of millions of units sold. Are we seeing a repeat of history here? You decide.” Said Sim Wong Hoo, Chairman and CEO of Creative Technology.
Advanced Acoustic Highlights of the Sound Blaster Roar:
- The Sound Blaster Roar’s bi-amplified design sets it apart from most other portable speakers that feature only one amplifier, allowing it to produce amazingly powerful and balanced lows, mids and highs.
- Far-field high frequency front-firing drivers project audio further than other portable speakers. Audio spaciousness is further enhanced through the top-firing bass and mid-range driver and side-firing passive radiators, resulting in room-filling audio that is not audio sweet spot-dependant.
- The Sound Blaster Roar’s boxer-bass-module design allows it to have a low centre of gravity that increases speaker stability. This means that the unit will not move from its position or rattle even at high volume levels.
- The ROAR button: in scenarios where audio power is of absolute importance, such as in parties or gatherings, pressing the ROAR button will instantly and significantly boost the speaker’s loudness, depth and audio spaciousness.
- Housed within the Sound Blaster Roar is a high quality microphone that provides clear 360° voice pickup, making it suitable for speakerphone teleconferencing.
- Integrated MicroSD WMA and MP3 Player – Plays music directly from a MicroSD Card without having to connect to the user’s smart device.
- Integrated Voice Recorder – Allows for simple, one-touch audio recording directly to a MicroSD card.
- High-quality aptX® and AAC codecs Bluetooth support for wireless audio playback that sounds as good as a wired connection.
- NFC connectivity – One tap of an NFC-enabled smart device on the Sound Blaster Roar connect it to a device via Bluetooth.
- Connects to two Bluetooth-enabled devices simultaneously – Ideal in a situation when a user is watching a movie on a tablet and wants to take a phone call on the Sound Blaster Roar from another device.
- Bedtime Mode – Gradually lowers the volume level before shutting off, perfect for bedtime listening or playing back pre-recorded bedtime stories for children.
- Life Saver Mode – Plays random tones and sound bytes at random intervals to keep users alert.
- Dual Purpose Battery – 6000 mAH battery charges smartphones and tablets beyond providing up to 8 hours of continuous audio playback.
- Siren – Comes with a built-in siren that lets user instantly grab attention when need to.
- Additional Sound Blaster Functionality – Connecting the Sound Blaster Roar via USB to a PC or Mac enables advanced audio processing through Sound Blaster Control Panel, a downloadable software program specially designed for the speaker.
- Size: 57 x 202 x 115 mm
- Weight: 1.1 kg
For more information on Creative Sound Blaster Roar, visit
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices. Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound BlasterAxx that aims at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets. Creative’s proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in the Asia Pacific. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative, the Creative logo, Sound Blaster and Sound BlasterAxx are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|Creative Technology Ltd
Tel (65) 6895 4120
Tel (65) 6733 8873