MILPITAS, CA - April 30, 2002
- Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for users of the personal computer and the Internet, today announced the powerful six-channel Cambridge SoundWorks MegaWorks 510D PC speaker system, now shipping with an estimated street price of $349.99. The MegaWorks 510D delivers 500 watts total power and connects with a single proprietary cable to any Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 sound card for true Dolby Digital 5.1 playback from music, games and DVD movies. Cambridge SoundWorks is a wholly owned subsidiary of Creative Technology Ltd.
Winner of the coveted Ziff-Davis ExtremeTech "ExtremeTech Approved" award and 3D SoundSurge "Gold Surge of Approval," the MegaWorks 510D speaker system features a built-in 3-channel S/PDIF connection, specifically designed to achieve superb audio clarity from the 24-bit/96kHz Sound Blaster Extigy or Sound Blaster Audigy sound cards. The MegaWorks 510D delivers high-definition audio at up to 500 watts of total power with a 95dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) through five satellite speakers and a wood-enclosed subwoofer using BASH amplifier technology that includes bass, treble and remote volume controls.
"The MegaWorks 510D is the only PC speaker system on the market today that supports the 24-bit 96kHz high definition audio playback capabilities of the Sound Blaster Audigy and Sound Blaster Extigy," said Craig McHugh, president of Creative Labs, Inc. "This system introduces unprecedented power and frequency response for the ultimate audiophile quality experience from games, Dolby Digital 5.1 movie soundtracks, and MP3 or CD playback."
The MegaWorks 510D brings a new level of precision to compact, wide-range speaker development by producing consistent output at all frequencies and unsurpassed dispersion. Regardless of where users place the MegaWorks 510D satellites around the PC or digital entertainment center, they can enjoy the same accurate tonal balance from all five satellites.
Features and Benefits
- 500 watts total power and 95dB SNR;
- Unsurpassed broad sound dispersion and smooth, accurate frequency response;
- Subwoofer utilizes BASH amplifier technology and includes bass, treble and remote volume controls;
- Features six-channel analog audio inputs and a single-cable six-channel digital input for optimum connectivity with any Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 series sound card. Additional analog audio input (aux in) allows user to connect the speaker system to external portable music devices such as the Creative NOMAD digital audio player or a CD player;
- Capsule shielded, extremely high-strength rare-earth magnet boosts satellite output and eliminates stray magnetic fields;
- Enhanced 5.1 sound quality on EAX and Microsoft DirectSound 3D supported games;
- Strongly curved satellite cabinet walls feature high degree of stiffness to eliminate unwanted resonance distortion. # # #
This announcement relates to products launched in the United States. The product names, prices and availability are subject to change and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Cambridge Soundworks and MegaWorks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cambridge SoundWorks Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Sound Blaster and EAX are registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. and Audigy and Extigy are trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the United States and/or other countries. NOMAD is a registered trademark of Aonix and is used by Creative Technology Ltd. and/or its