MILPITAS, CA - January 7, 2002
- Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for users of the personal computer and the Internet, today announced the Creative PC-CAM 600, now shipping to retail and online outlets at an estimated street price of US$149.99.
This ergonomically designed Creative PC-CAM 600 takes photos at up to 1.3 Megapixels (1280x960) and features a genuine XGA CCD sensor, 16MB of memory and an intelligent flash. With the combined features of a portable digital camera, a PC camera and an audio video recorder, the PC-CAM 600 offers impeccable quality and extraordinary value.
The Creative PC-CAM 600 comes with a host of new features including a dual aperture, focus-free glass lens for quick and easy snapshots and brighter clearer stills and videos, and an advanced XGA CCD sensor. Its configurable intelligent strobe flash ensures that the "red-eye" syndrome - a common occurrence when images are snapped using the flash - is greatly reduced. With its 16 MB of internal memory, the camera can store more than 200 images at 640x480 (VGA) resolution, up to 85 images at true 1024x768 (XGA) resolution, or up to 20 images at 1.3 Megapixels (1280x960) hardware scaled resolution.
The flexible Creative PC-CAM 600 also serves as a desktop PC camera while tethered to the PC, enabling video e-mail, videoconferencing, sharing images over the Internet, and includes motion-detection spycam features. The Creative PC-CAM 600 enhances pictures taken on the move to a further 1280x960 resolution for higher quality and superior pictures. Thanks to its ability to hold up to 75 seconds of video and 60 minutes of audio, the Creative PC-CAM 600 is perfect for the easy creation of mini-movies at 352x288 resolution complete with realistic colors and smooth 'live' full-motion video and audio.
Creative PC-CAM 600 Features
- Image Quality: progressive XGA CCD sensor and 4-element lens gives brighter, clearer stills and videos, realistic skin tones and vibrant colors;
- Digital Audio Recorder: built-in microphone records up to 60 minutes of audio;
- Enhanced Memory: 16MB of memory to capture all your special moments; this translates to more than 200 images at 640x480 (VGA) resolution, 85 images at 1024x768 (XGA) resolution or 20 images at 1.3 Megapixels (1280x960) hardware scaled resolution;
- Cutting-edge Design: stylish and ergonomic with available silver or blue finish;
- Portability: detach the camera from the PC's USB port and take it with you;
- Comprehensive Software Bundle: a complete package for web publishing, photo editing and more for assured professional results;
- Easy installation: convenient USB connection means there is no need to open the PC.
Pricing and Availability# # #
The Creative PC-CAM 600 is now shipping to retail and online outlets at an estimated street price of US$149.99. The camera comes bundled with a swivel stand, USB cable, wrist strap and four AAA batteries. For more information, please visit https://www.americas.creative.com.
This announcement relates to products launched in the United States of America. The product names, contents, prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Sound Blaster is a registered trademark of Creative Technology Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. NOMAD is a registered trademark of Aonix and is used by Creative Technology Ltd. and/or its affiliates under license. All other products or brand names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby recognized as such.