MILPITAS, CA - April 8, 1999
- Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ:CREAF), the world's leading provider of multimedia products for the PC, today announced that Compaq Computer Corporation (NYSE:CPQ) is offering Creative's award-winning Sound Blaster Live! Value audio processor on its Prosignia Desktop PCs targeting small and medium business customers. Based on the same highly-acclaimed architecture used in Sound Blaster Live!, Sound Blaster Live! Value produces high-quality, digital audio for a dramatically improved experience and a solid platform for business applications including Internet and Intranet audio applications, presentations and speech-recognition.
Sound Blaster Live! Value is designed to deliver digital audio processing with interpolation that enhances any audio playback or digital recording. With Sound Blaster Live! Value, all applications are instantly transformed, producing a rich, high-quality audio experience. When paired with a MicroWorks speaker system - also offered by Compaq to Prosignia customers - Sound Blaster Live! Value offers a powerful audio experience that is designed to represent the broadest range of sonic clarity.
"At Compaq, bringing increased functionality and delivering a higher quality experience is part of our on-going effort to build the best desktop solutions, " said Bill Hensler, vice president and general manager, Small and Medium Business Division, Compaq Computer Corporation. "Creative's Sound Blaster Live! Value is helping us meet this commitment by allowing us to offer the industry-acclaimed audio-solution-of-choice to our customers"
"It's very rewarding to see our leading audio technology being offered by a key PC vendor like Compaq," said John Troutman, vice president of OEM Sales and Marketing at Creative. "We share a common goal in driving the accessibility of high quality solutions to a broad range of consumers. Sound Blaster Live! Value realizes our goal of delivering a high-quality experience and a high-value solution."
Features of Sound Blaster Live! Value
- Hollywood Quality Audio Re-creation: Excellent audio fidelity surpassing the quality of most home theater systems.
- Powerful EMU10K1 Audio Processing Engine: Superb signal processing at 32-bit, 48KHz using a patented 8-point interpolation. This smoothes the sound waveform, instantly improving any audio source including existing content, MP3 and other Internet audio formats, Intranet audio, CD audio and WAV files.
- Environmental Audio Technology: Enhances all existing content and audio sources in real-time including CD audio, WAV, MIDI, VCD, DVD, Internet audio, line-input and microphone. Excellent for creating compelling presentations.
- Multiple Speaker Output: Built-in support for two or four analog speakers.
- 256-Voice Music Synthesis: Available standard with 256-voice capability and an option to upgrade via Creative's Live!Ware program to 512-voices. Professional quality sample banks are included in 2MB, 4MB and 8MB configurations for music reproduction. Up to 32MB of memory for amazing SoundFont fidelity can be used to provide fantastic quality music synthesis with upgrade options to add more SoundFont banks.
- Sound Blaster PCI Standard: Near-perfect Sound Blaster legacy support in a single PCI card - no need to keep a separate ISA card. Not available on any competitive audio products, the patented Sound Blaster PCI Standard includes support for previously written MS-DOS and Windows titles.
- Broadest Software Support: The open-standard Environmental Audio API assures the broadest software support including games and applications written for Microsoft DirectSound, DirectSound3D and derivative technologies.
- Dedicated Sound Blaster Live! Website: A continuously updated Website providing the latest product news, exciting new environments, feature enhancements, software drivers, SoundFont samples, FAQ, newsgroups and much more can be found at: https://www.soundblaster.com.
Environmental Audio - The Defacto Audio Platform
Creative's Environmental Audio goes beyond 3D audio, adding reverb, echo, and other effects consistent with the room acoustics, position of the user, source of the sound, and many other cues. Environmental Audio enhances any audio content with intense acoustical effects that provide a sense of ambience with preset settings for a variety of room types. Environmental Audio is excellent for business applications. It creates powerful, compelling presentations by enhancing audio/visual content. Top game developers are supporting Environmental Audio through Creative's widely-adopted open API - Environmental Audio Extensions (EAX). For a complete list of titles that support Environmental Audio please check our Website at: https://www.soundblaster.com/eaudio/eax/.
Sound Blaster and Blaster are registered trademarks of Creative
Technology Ltd. All other products mentioned herein are trademarks
of their respective owners and are hereby recognized as such.