MILPITAS, Calif. - July 14, 1999
- Building on its recent success in the graphics marketplace, Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), the leading provider of multimedia solutions for personal entertainment, today announced the availability of it's 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 graphics accelerator. Based on the powerful, award-winning RIVA TNT2 processor from NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA), the 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 delivers raw power and pure performance to gaming enthusiasts at an extraordinary price of US $179.
Like its predecessor, the 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 Ultra, the 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 combines 128-bit architectures and a patented TwiN-Texel dual-pipeline 3D rendering engine to deliver an extraordinary gaming experience. In addition, the 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 combines critical features including full 32-bit color rendering, 32-bit Z and stencil buffer, multiple textures and textures as large as 2048x2048, bump-mapping and full screen anti-aliasing.
"Creative prides itself on being able to offer gamers and PC enthusiasts highly-targeted graphics solutions with the right combination of performance, features and price to meet their gaming and entertainment needs," said Steve Mosher, vice president, Graphics Business for Creative. "With the recent addition of the 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 card to the highly-acclaimed 3D Blaster family of products, Creative is able to deliver a highly-accessible solution to gaming enthusiasts."
The 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 supports exceedingly high resolutions and refresh rates with 32MB of high-performance synchronous memory and a 300 MHz DAC to run 2D and 3D resolutions up to 1900x1200 for pixel-perfect color.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Analog monitor connector supports all popular standard VGA and multi-frequency monitors
- 12.5 gigaflops of processing power deliver peak rates of 8.3 million triangles and 250 megapixels per second
- Customized drivers and utilities, developed by Creative's own Custom Engineering Team
- Includes Colorific and 3Deep, from Sonnetech, Ltd., two key software packages designed to ensure that every game and critical desktop application runs with perfect color calibration
Power, Realism, Performance
In line with its commitment to provide its valued graphics customers with continued support, Creative Labs today launched its new online purchasing guide, "Power, Realism, Performance," at: www.creative.com/graphics/prp/ dedicated to educating consumers about new and existing graphics technologies. Designed to be a resource for existing customers as well as an educational piece for PC gaming enthusiasts who want to learn more about Creative's products, the site features important information on must-have features like texture memory, large texture support, and 32-bit color rendering. Also included are articles of interest to programmers and gamers and links to essential online gaming resources.
Pricing and Availability
Creative's 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 is now available through its extensive distribution and retail network at an estimated street price of US$179.99.
This announcement relates to products launched in the United States
of America. The product names, contents, prices and availability
may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and
3D Blaster is a registered trademark of Creative Technology Ltd.
in the U.S. and other countries.
NVIDIA and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation.
All other products mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective
owners and are hereby recognized as such.