SINGAPORE - March 17, 2003 - Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for users of the personal computer and the Internet, today unveiled the newest addition 3.0 Megapixel camera with LCD display to its award-winning camera line - Creative® PC-CAM® 850. Slated for immediate shipment in Asia to all Creative's extensive retail network at an estimated street price of US$149.99.
"We are really excited to add to our PC web camera a superior high-resolution quality and advanced technology that offers our users a fulfilling experience at an attractive price point," said Low Chee Seng, senior vice president and general manager of Creative Labs Asia. "This feature-packed PC-CAM 850 comes with a 1.6-inch LCD display which enables our users to share the captured shots with colleagues, family and friends immediately, plus it's really fun and easy to use."
The new Creative PC-CAM 850 delivers stunning images at quality of up to 3.0 Megapixel with software interpolation, and a built-in effective 2 Million pixel, ½-inch CMOS sensor. The 4x digital zoom system allows the flexibility in getting closer to the subject or draw back for the big picture. With 16MB of built-in memory, the Creative PC-CAM 850 holds up to 17 high-quality images at 2048x1536 or 112 images at 800x600 resolution. In addition to the internal memory, a SD or MMC card memory expansion slot is also provided to store more pictures and video on-the-go.
This hybrid Creative PC-CAM 850 also serves as a desktop PC web camera while attached to the PC. The included ArcSoft PhotoImpression software empowers consumers to easily edit and retouch captured images such as red-eye reductions in an easy-to-navigate program while ArcSoft VideoImpression software enhances personal videos with a wide range of video editing tools and videoconferencing handiness over the Internet.
Creative PC-CAM 850 Features and Benefits
- Superb Image Quality: 3.0 Megapixel resolution with interpolation;
- ½-inch CMOS sensor with 2 Million effective pixels that provides brighter, clearer stills and videos, realistic skin tones and vibrant colors;
- LCD Display: 1.6-inch LCD display screen (312x230) allows users to perfect their images before capturing, users can also preview captured images and playback recorded video clips right away;
- Built-in Memory: 16MB memory allows for storage of up to 17 high-resolution images at 2048x1536 or 112 images at 800x600 resolution;
- Video Recording: enable users to capture up to 76 seconds of video at 8 frames-per-second at 640x480 resolution;
- Video Output to TV (NTSC or PAL): able to display live on TV, preview captured images and playback recorded video clips via video output connection;
- Compact and Flexible: combines the lightweight, convenience and flexibility of a portable digital camera and desktop PC webcam in one product;
- Focus-free Lens: high-quality glass lens with a range of 60cm to infinity makes taking snapshots quick and easy;
- Macro Mode Selector: macro mode allows close-up image capture of objects in details; and
- Comprehensive Software Bundled: extensive quality software bundled for videoconferencing, web publishing, photo editing and much more, for assured professional results.
Pricing and Availability
The Creative PC-CAM 850 is slated for immediate shipment to all retail outlets at an estimated street price of US$149.99. The camera comes bundled with a video cable, USB cable, wrist strap and two AA batteries. This all-in-one package includes everything necessary for image editing and storage, which allows users to enjoy digital photography and video right away.
Creative (Nasdaq: CREAF) is the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for users of the personal computer and the Internet. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound card and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed NOMAD® Jukebox. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment -- anytime, anywhere.